Sambal Honey Chicken and Fried Rice. It’s hard to beat Asian style food for meal prepping. It always stores well, tastes great, and makes it easy to get vegetables in
This was killer and you will like it unless you suck and are a huge loser.
2.5 lbs chicken thighs
1.5 cups cooked rice
1 lb green beans
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp Sambal olek
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Cook rice. It’s best if you have day old rice.
2. Heat a skillet/grill pan over medium heat and cook the chicken. Cut into 1 inch chunks and add back to pan to brown.
3. Dice an onion and sauté in 1 tbsp olive oil until soft. Add in thawed frozen vegetables. Stir in rice. Add 2 tbsp soy sauce and season with pepper to taste.
4. In a sauce pan add 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp Sambal and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a light boil.
5. Make a slurry with the cornstarch and 1 tbsp of cold water. Reduce heat and stir into sauce to thicken.
6. Coat meat with sauce.
7. If you use raw green beans, boil or cook them as preferred.
8. Divide ingredients into 5 servings. Nutrition information is for each dish.
❓What is Sambal?
❗️Chili paste. You can use sriracha but it’s a different flavor and will be spicier. Just go get Sambal. It goes with everything.
❓1/4 cup of soy sauce? That’s way too much sodium.
❗️Then use low sodium soy sauce and that could not be any more obvious. It’s only 700mg when you divide it into each meal and even less with the low sodium variety. Or just eat more potassium and stop being a cry ass.
❓Can I use chicken breast?
❗️Use whatever protein you want. Chicken thighs are just the best for meal prepping. Use tofu for all I care.
❓I don’t like eggs.
❗️I don’t understand how every time I post something with scrambled eggs someone will say they don’t like eggs. Why are you telling me this? I can’t do anything about your juvenile palate. Just leave them out or swap it for something else that you do like. I have no idea what that is. Being Chamorro I grew up eating fried rice with spam. Use that.