Chicken Pancit. I made this recipe on Sunday night. It is one of those recipes that you can throw anything in and it will taste similar. No need to measure the vegetables, just chop and throw them in if you don’t need exact macros. It made 5 servings but you could easily make more. I had to triple check the ingredients in My Fitness Pal because it seemed like so few calories for how much food it made. It is a very vegetable heavy dish so I guess it makes sense though! This is a good meal for those of you on weight loss diets because it is low calorie and high volume. It is a Filipino dish and every time I’ve ever eaten it it was made with pork but all I had on hand was chicken. Recipe below 😎
1.5lbs chicken breast
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
2 stalks of celery
1 sweet onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
2 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
5 green onions
1 – 6.5oz package of rice noodles. I used the brand Dynasty Maifun Rice sticks.
1. Cut all of the vegetables. Cut the onion into slices. Mince the garlic and ginger. Cut the celery. Shred the cabbage.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil the chicken until cooked then cut into small chunks.
3. Cook the noodles in the chicken water until soft.
4. Heat 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Add in the garlic, ginger, and onions. Once they have developed some color add the celery and carrots. After a couple minutes add in the chicken, noodles, and cabbage.
5. Mix in the oyster sauce and soy sauce. Taste and adjust flavors as needed. Season with black pepper.
6. Serve each dish with lemon, green onion and jalapeño if you wish. The lemon shouldn’t be omitted. I’m also serving mine with a side of sambal!!
#mealprep #mealprepsunday #mealprepideas #mealplan #mealprepdaily #mealprepmonday #mealprepping #mealpreps #mealprepmadeeasy #mealplan #mealdiary #mealinspo #fitspo #fitness #crossfit #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #mealpreprecipes #mealpreplife #nutrition #exercise #mealprepmanual #fitlife #fitnessmotivation