Homemade Crunchy Granola Bars. Were these supposed to be chewy and then I left them in the oven too long? Yes. Am I still posting the recipe anyway because I can just pretend like it was on purpose? Yes. Does the existence of nature valley bars cover up my mistake making this entirely okay? Yes.
This one was an adventure the whole way through. I’ve never made granola bars before so I was completely guessing for a lot of the stuff I was doing. I’d also usually make a small batch when I’m testing recipes but I’ve been on a roll with these dessert/snack ones lately and it was time for a heat check and I decided to mix 8 cups of stuff together and go for broke.
5 cups oats
3 cups puffed rice
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
2 scoops vanilla whey
1 cup maple syrup
3 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips .
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a large bowl mix the salt, oats, and oil. Pour onto a baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 15 minutes stirring every couple of minutes.
3. While the oats are baking, stir together the syrup, whey, and vanilla until the whey is dissolved.
4. Mix the oats, puffed rice, cranberries, and syrup mixture together.
5. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with oil. Pour the mixture into the pan and press firmly. The baking sheet should be a standard size ideally with a lip. Every single baking sheet I’ve ever used has been of a similar size. Maybe like 18×12? I don’t know. If you have a smaller one you’ll probably end up with chewy bars like they were supposed to be.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes and remove from oven. Cut into 24 bars while still warm. .
❓Can I use a different protein powder?
❗️Yes. It’s just there to add protein. You can leave it out too. ❓Wow, 1 cup of syrup? That’s way too much sugar for me. Pass. ❗️Oh. These are reserved for people who don’t suck anyway and if you say this then you’re definitely not cool. You could probably use sugar free syrup but I’ve never tried it. .
#mealprepsunday #mealpreplife #mealprepideas #foodfeed #mealprep #mealprepmanual #mealprepping #foodprep #foodshare