Chipotle Citrus Chicken.
2.5 lbs (1135g) chicken thighs
1 (10g) chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
3 tbsp (45g) adobo sauce
1 tbsp (8g)Cumin
1 tsp (3g) Salt
1 tsp (2g) Pepper
1 tbsp (8g) Chili powder
2 tbsp (30mL) Olive oil
2 cups (350g) cooked rice
1 cup canned black beans
1 (150g) green pepper
1 (150g) red pepper
1 tbsp (15g) garlic
1/2 medium (100g) onion
2 medium (500g) zucchini
1. In a large ziplock bag, add the chicken, juice from the lime, juice from the orange, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix together and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Start the rice.
3. While the chicken is marinating, chop your peppers and onion into a small dice. Cut the zucchini into a large dice.
4. In a skillet, heat some oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion has softened. Add the peppers and cook until soft.
5. Add in 2 cups of cooked rice, 1 cup of rinsed black beans and season with salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste.
6. Heat some oil in another pan and sauté the zucchini until soft.
7. Once the chicken has marinated, heat a grill pan over medium heat and cook the chicken.
8. Cut the chicken into one inch pieces and return to the pan to get even color.
9. Divide the ingredients evenly between 5 containers. That means it makes 5 servings.
#vegetablesareforlosers #mealprep #mealprepsunday #mealprepideas #mealplan #mealprepdaily #mealprepmonday #mealprepping #mealpreps #mealprepmadeeasy #mealplan #mealdiary #mealinspo #fitspo #fitness #crossfit #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #mealpreprecipes #mealpreplife #nutrition #exercise #mealprepmanual #fitlife #fitnessmotivation