Weight Loss vs. Weight Gain with BBQ Shredded Chicken.
As always these are meant to be used as visuals for what your eating could look like if you had a goal of weight gain or weight loss. One meal is not going to make you lose or gain weight. It’s about your relationship to calorie balance over time. If you had one of these goals and your meals began to look more like the ones here, you’d likely be on track to success. The left has less oil to cook the potatoes and a bit more green beans. The right side has an extra .5lb of chicken and .25 cup BBQ sauce as well as 3 extra potatoes and 1 tbsp of oilve oil added to the recipe. .
2lbs chicken breast
3/4 cup vinegar based BBQ sauce (I use Gates)
5 medium sized potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 bags of frozen green beans (20-24oz)
Salt and pepper .
1. Cook the chicken with 1 cup of water or broth in a crockpot on low for 6 hours or high for 2-3.
2. Once cooked remove from liquid and shred. Mix in BBQ sauce.
3. Preheat oven to 425F
4. Cut potatoes into wedges and toss in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes and then flip. Cook an additional 10 minutes or until desired product is achieved.
6. Cook green beans as instructed on package. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Divide evenly 5 ways. Nutrition information is 438 CALS 48g C | 39g P | 10g F
❓I don’t have a crockpot. What do I do?
❗️Cook it however you want. Boil it for all I care. ❓What BBQ sauce should I use if my store doesn’t have that one?
❗️It doesn’t matter one single bit. Pick one you like that is preferably vinegar based and adjust nutrition information as needed. Read labels. ❓*Guy with a profile pic that’s a selfie of him in a wife beater* Heh. I could eat both of these and lose weight. What a crock of shit. Stop misleading people!!1!!1!
❗️You dense buffoon. I don’t care if you could eat 90 of these meals and lose weight. Read the caption and use common sense to understand the intent. Obviously weight gain and weight loss is different for everyone