Salsa Chicken. If you’re someone with a large appetite and still wanting something low calorie, this is a great meal for you. It’s a large volume of food for not many calories.
2lbs chicken breast
14oz can chicken broth
2 cups salsa
2 15oz cans black beans
1 tbsp (8g) cumin
1/4 cup (28g) jack cheese
3 medium (450g) bell peppers
1 medium (200g) onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Put the chicken and broth in a crockpot. Cook on low for 5-7 hours of high for less.
2. Remove the chicken from crockpot when finished cooking and shred. Add salsa and mix. Season to taste.
3. Cut onion and peppers into strips. Sauté in oil until soft.
4. Add black beans to a pot. Bring to a light boil and mash the beans into a paste. Add oil if necessary. Cook until the liquid has reduced (probably 8-10 minutes). Add cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Divide your ingredients 5 ways. Top the beans with a little bit of jack cheese.
6. Nutrition information for each dish: 510 CALS. 43g C | 53g P | 14g F
For the weight loss side omitted the beans and cheese and added an extra pepper. For the gain side I added a can of black beans and 3/4 cup more cheese.
❓I don’t have a crockpot what do I do?
❗️Cook it on the stove and that is so obvious.
❓I don’t like ______.
❗️Did it ever cross your mind that maybe you could replace it with something you do like or just leave it out?
❓What kind of salsa do I use?
❗️Pick your favorite one. It doesn’t matter. Adjust nutrition info if you care.
#vegetablesareforlosers #mealprep #mealprepsunday #mealprepideas #mealplan #mealprepdaily #mealprepmonday #mealprepping #mealpreps #mealprepmadeeasy #mealplan #mealdiary #mealinspo #fitspo #fitness #crossfit #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #mealpreprecipes #mealpreplife #nutrition #exercise #mealprepmanual #fitlife #fitnessmotivation