PB&J Donuts. I was really craving peanut butter and jelly last night so I was thinking up ways I could get the combination into my mouth. A peanut butter frosted, jelly filled donut was what I decided on. Here’s the recipe @themealprepmanual
4/5 cup (80g) oat flour
1/4 cup (57g) plain non fat Greek yogurt
1 tsp (4g) baking powder
1 tsp (4mL) vanilla
1 tsp (4g) stevia
2.5 tbsp (20g) powdered peanut butter
2 tsp (10g) honey
1.5 tbsp (25mL) water
1 cup (140g) sliced frozen strawberries
2 tbsp (30mL) maple syrup
1. Add the strawberries and syrup to a saucepan and bring to a light boil. Break up the strawberries as it heats.
2. Allow it to boil and thicken then use an immersion blender/blender to get a smooth texture.
3. Add it back to the pot and boil to thicken again. Place in the fridge to cool.
4. Preheat oven to 375F
5. Mix the oat flour, baking powder, and stevia together until no clumps remain.
6. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and yogurt. Mix thoroughly.
7. Add the batter to a plastic bag to pipe into the donut tin.
8. Divide half the the mixture between 5 wells.
9. Pipe 1/5 of the strawberries into each well.
10. Top with the remaining donut batter.
11. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
12. Allow the donuts to cool completely.
13. Mix the powdered peanut butter, honey, and water. Top each donut with the frosting.
14. Makes 5 donuts.
This might be the one time where it might actually make sense to make these in a muffin tin and not the donut tin. Jelly filled donuts are best when they are filled after baking and that’s not easy to do with a regular shaped donut. These are already hardly donuts as it is and just donut shaped. Not sure how they would turn out if you tried to pipe in the jelly after baking. They might be too dense to get anything to fit inside.
#vegetablesareforlosers #mealprep #mealprepsunday #mealprepideas #mealplan #mealprepdaily #mealprepmonday #mealprepping #mealpreps #mealprepmadeeasy #mealplan #mealdiary #mealinspo #fitspo #fitness #crossfit #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #mealpreprecipes #mealpreplife #nutrition #exercise #