Gluten Free Blueberry Scones. These bad boys are made with oat flour instead of wheat to make them gluten free. They were super easy to make and tasted awesome ? PS. It’s Friday today meaning if you are seeing this within 24 hours, our weekly Friday Q&A is going to be in my stories. If you want to learn some stuff about fitness or nutrition go check it out.
The texture of these isn’t quite like a real scone. The outside was hard but the inside didn’t have that scone texture, still tasted great though. To get a more sconey texture would probably require more fat or a different source. I’m sure doubling or tripling the butter or swapping it for shortening may result in a better version albeit higher in calories. Here is how to make them:
1 cup oat flour (I just put dry oats in the blender)
2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp stevia
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda .
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Mix the oat flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a small bowl.
3. In a different bowl mix the Greek yogurt, honey, butter, and stevia together.
4. Slowly stir in the flour and then fold in the blueberries.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil. Plop the batter down and form it into a circle with a thickness of about 1 inch.
6. Cut into 8 pieces and spread apart.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes or longer if you want it crispier.
8. Top with more honey if desired. .
#mealprep #mealprepsunday #mealpreplife #foodshare #foodfeed #fit #mealtime #mealprepping #mealprepmanual #mealprepideas #mealprepmondays #fitspo #fitlife #fitmom #fitness #healthylife #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #health #crossfit #food #foodshare #foodstagram #foodphotography #iifym