Apple Turnover Bites. These were so good. This is already a top 3 favorite dessert of mine.
60g oat flour (3/4 cup whole oats)
120g non fat Greek yogurt (1/2 cup)
50g liquid egg whites (3 tbsp/1 large)
4mL vanilla (1 tsp)
2g baking soda (1/2 tsp)
2g stevia (1/2 tsp/1 packet)
3g cinnamon (1 tsp)
10g coconut sugar (2.5 tsp)
50g vanilla Greek yogurt (3.5 tbsp)
5g vanilla whey (1-2 tsp)
8mL water (2 tsp)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cut apple into small dice. Heat a skillet over medium heat & spray with oil. Add apples and sprinkle sugar over top. Sauté for a few minutes until soft. Toss in cinnamon.
3. Mix the dry dough ingredients together then add in yogurt, vanilla, and eggs.
4. Spray a mini muffin tin with oil. Divide the dough in half. Fill 12 wells using half of the total mixture. Use a spoon to form the dough into the well shape as best you can.
5. Divide the apple mix between the wells. Add the remaining dough over the top.
6. Bake for 12-13 minutes.
7. Mix the icing ingredients and drizzle over the top. It’s best to ice them when you eat them and not in advance.
8. Nutrition information is for each bite. Makes 12.
❓Do I have to peel the apple?
❗️Doesn’t matter. I didn’t. If you hate fiber, go for it.
❓How do I measure egg whites?
❗️Buy liquid ones if you want it to be easier. Or just use one large egg white. It’s going to be fine.
❓what can I swap the coconut sugar for?
❗️Brown sugar or regular sugar and that is painfully obvious. I would have used brown sugar but I didn’t have any.
❓The icing ingredients aren’t in the before picture.
❗️Yeah I forgot them. Shit happens. I can’t undo the food once it’s already baked so I can’t retake the picture. You’re going to get over it. I promise.
❓What if I don’t have a muffin tin?
❗️Just make it into a giant loaf. It will taste the same.
❓How long do these last?
❗️I have no idea and that goes for everything else I make as well. Food doesn’t go uneaten in my house longer than a day. I can tell you that these last at least 2 hours because they were all in my belly by then