Happy 4th 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 Here is a recipe for Salsa Chicken and Refried Beans that I took way too long to plate up
Last year I decided I wanted to try and come up with a cohesive meal that could look like the American flag and ironically the only thing I could come up with was Mexican food. Blue is a hard color to find in food. I ended up settling on refried black beans which are actually purpley but who cares. The stars are made of queso and the stripes from salsa and chicken. This would be a super easy meal to throw together if you didn’t want to plate it as the flag. It’s quite tasty for how simple it is as well.
* 2 lb Chicken Breast
* 1 can of Chicken Broth
* 1 Tbsp Oregano
* 1 jar of Salsa
* 2 cans of Black Beans
* 1/2 an onion
* 1 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 Tbsp Cumin
* 1/2 cup of queso (the authentic stuff in a jar)
* Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place the chicken into a crockpot with 1 can of chicken broth, 1 Tbsp oregano, and salt and pepper.
2. Cook for 4-5 hours on low or until it is cooke through.
3. Remove the chicken from the crockpot. Shred the chicken and season with salt and pepper as necessary.
4. Dice your onion.
5. Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add the onion and cook until soft.
6. Open your cans of beans and remove some of the liquid but not all of it. Add in the beans and 1 Tbsp cumin. Mash with the back of a spoon or a potato masher.
7. Cook the beans for until they are reduced to a thick paste (around 10-15 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Divide your ingredients evenly between 5 containers. You can add rice if you’d like more volume. Add 1 scoop of queso to the top of each dish for flavor.
#mealprep #mealprepsunday #mealprepideas #mealplan #mealprepdaily #mealprepmonday #mealprepping #mealpreps #mealprepmadeeasy #mealplan #mealdiary #mealinspo #fitspo #fitness #crossfit #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #mealpreprecipes #mealpreplife #nutrition #exercise #mealprepmanual #fitlife #fitnessmotivation