Peanut Butter and Jelly Casein Waffle. These used to be a staple in my nightly snack routine. I’ve gotten away from them recently but they are so easy to make and taste great
1 scoop (30g) casein protein
1 (45g) egg white
1/4 cup (60mL) water
1.5 Tbsp (12g) powdered peanut butter
1/4 cup (50g) frozen raspberries
1 tsp (5mL) maple syrup
1. Beat the egg white, mix in the water, casein powder. It will be thick, not batter like.
2. Place it into a greased 8” waffle iron. Cook for 5 minutes or until it has set.
3. For the jelly, add the raspberries to a small sauce pan over medium heat and reduce. Crush with a spook and add in the syrup. It will thicken as it cools.
4. Make the peanut butter as instructed.
5. Nutrition is for the whole recipe
❓I don’t have casein, can I make this with whey/plant?
❗️Absolutely not. Don’t even attempt it. The batter will run out of the sides of your waffle iron and you will have a gigantic mess to clean up and then you’re going to ask me why it didn’t work and I’m going to
be forced to slam you. Use casein. Flavor doesn’t matter.
❓Can I use regular peanut butter?
❗️Of course. Just more calories. But who cares.
❓Can I make pancakes with these?
❗️No. For some reason it only turns out when you make it in a waffle iron. If you want to make these, buy a waffle iron and casein.
#mealprep #mealprepsunday #mealprepideas #mealplan #mealprepdaily #mealprepmonday #mealprepping #mealpreps #mealprepmadeeasy #mealplan #mealdiary #mealinspo #fitspo #fitness #crossfit #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #mealpreprecipes #mealpreplife #nutrition #exercise #mealprepmanual #fitlife #fitnessmotivation