Jalapeño Apple Sweet Potato Hash with Ham and Eggs. This is my favorite meal prep recipe I’ve developed this year. I was sad when it was gone this morning. I think you guys will like this one.
Makes 5 servings
1 lb ham steak
2 medium sweet potatoes (mine was 450g total)
1-2 jalapeños depending on spice preference
1 red pepper
1/2 sweet onion
1 golden delicious apple
1.5 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Hard boil 10 eggs.
3. Wash and cut potatoes into a medium dice. Toss in 1 tbsp of olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 10 minutes.
4. Cut the onion and red pepper into a small dice. Cut the jalapeño into slices. Cut out the seeds if you don’t like heat.
5. Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté the onions for a few minutes and then add in the pepper and jalapeño. Cook until soft.
6. Cut the apple into a medium dice.
7. Remove from heat. Add the potatoes and apple to the pan with the peppers. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Cook the ham however you please. You don’t even need to if you don’t want to.
9. Divide into 5 servings. Nutrition information is per serving.
❓What can I substitute the jalapeños for? I don’t like spicy. ❗️Leave them out and that’s obvious. ❓I don’t like ham. ❗️Swap it for literally any other protein. ❓This is horseshit. 10 eggs alone has almost 800 calories. I’m right, you’re wrong. I am also a dummy and I don’t know how to read or problem solve at the level of a 3rd grade child. ❗️It says it makes 5 servings 3 different times across this post. Your inability to problem solve or to even simply read the caption is concerning to the future of humanity to say the least. This is very clearly a meal prep page. Who eats 10 eggs, 1lb of ham, 1/2 onion, a pepper, jalapeño, and 2 whole sweet potatoes at once? Maybe 0.00001% of people. By you acknowledging that 10 eggs has 800 calories should have tipped you off that something in your thought process was amiss if the final product had 451 calories. It wouldn’t have taken long to figure it out if you just read the caption or looked at the picture better.