Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Crepes. I haven’t messed around with this recipe but I think I can get each one to be under 100 calories with a little bit of experimentation
I’ve never had a real French crepe so it’s hard for me to know if these are close to the real thing but they taste awesome and that’s all that really matters right? I think you could add some more water to the batter to thin it out even farther and get 5 or 6 crepes. Instead of using heavy cream and sugar to make the filling I mixed some vanilla whey protein and stevia into plain Greek yogurt. It makes a more frosting like texture. You could use vanilla yogurt and it would probably taste better. Here is the recipe and the now requisite FAQ following. .
For the crepe-
1/2 cup gluten free baking flour
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1/2 TBSP butter
For the Filling-
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 scoop vanilla whey
Stevia to taste
1g powdered sugar to top .
1. Mix crepe ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add more water if it’s too thick. It should be fairly runny, not like pancake batter.
2. Heat an 8inch skillet over medium heat. To form the crepe takes a bit of finesse. It’s not hard but if you’ve never done it before it will take some practice. Pour about 1/4 cups worth of batter in the center of the pan and tilt the pan in a circular motion to evenly cover the bottom.
3. Flip when ready and cook the other side. It will take a few minutes on each side.
4. Mix the protein and stevia to taste into the yogurt and stir vigorously.
5. Spread a spoonful out on the crepe, fill with strawberries and roll or fold. Top with powdered sugar. .
❓Can I use a different flour?
❗️You can use regular flour. Maybe rice flour. Not coconut flour. Probably not almond flour. ❓Can I use almond milk?
❗️Yes, but gross. ❓I don’t like strawberries can I use something else?
❗️How do you even survive on this Earth if you can’t solve a problem like this on your own?
❓Can I use plant protein powder?
❗️Sure. But also see the answer to the question directly preceding this.