Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza. A few of you have attempted to make this since the last time I posted and had questions about how to do it so here is a video. I was asked a few times about the dough not being stretchy. It won’t be stretchy at all because there is no gluten. It is more like play doh than real pizza dough. You have to press it into shape rather than stretch it. You can freeze the dough and have it ready to go as well. Make a big batch of the dough, form the crusts and prebake them for 5 minutes or so.
Answers to Questions I know I’ll get asked:
❓What is GF flour? ✅Gluten Free flour. Obviously. Let’s use some deductive reasoning next time. .
❓I don’t have baking flour can I use coconut flour? ✅No. I’ve tested this with every Gluten Free flour combo imaginable. This one listed is the only one I recommend. You can use wheat flour if you want but obviously that would mean it’s no longer gluten free. .
❓I can’t find tapioca flour. ✅Amazon .
❓How do I get 1/4 of an egg? ✅Scramble it and only put 1/4 in. Again, let’s use some problem solving skills. .
❓I don’t like pepperoni, can I use something else? ✅Dude I don’t understand how people can even ask questions like this. No one is stopping you. .
30g (1/4 cup) tapioca flour
37g (1/4 cup) GF baking flour
37g (like 2.5 Tbsp) plain non fat Greek yogurt
2g (like 1/2 tsp?) baking powder
Pinch of salt
Shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 46g)
Marinara sauce (I used 54g)
Turkey pepperoni (I fit 10)
1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
2. Mix all of the crust ingredients together.
3. To roll it out, I cut a thick plastic ziploc bag down the sides and opened it like a book. Plopped the crust in the center, closed the book, and used a cast iron skillet to press it like you would a tortilla until it was a little less than 1/4 inch thick. Place on a sprayed baking sheet.
4. Fold the edges over and make the crusts edge
5. Use some of the leftover egg to brush the top.
6. Bake for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and add sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
8. Put the oven on broil and put the pizza on the top shelf to brown the cheese. Watch it very closely or it will burn.