(Favorite tofu recipe below!) Looking for meal prep ideas? I got your covered ? this stir-fried sweet chili tofu is one of my favorite tofu recipes and I looove having it with rice! I usually cook up a batch then pack it in separate containers then have it for 3 or so meals. Really perfect for when you have busy days like I do as a student. Check out the recipe below!
My Favorite Stir-Fried Sweet Chili Tofu
2 blocks extra firm tofu (around 240g each), sliced into cubes
1 heaping tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup bell pepper, sliced into squares
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp sesame oil, for frying
Sweet Chili Sauce
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp chili sauce (I used sriracha)
1/8 cup soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1. Dry the tofu and cut into cubes. I wrap the tofu in towels and place a plate on top of it until excess liquid is absorbed by the towels.
2. Sprinkle the salt on the tofu cubes. Add the cornstarch. Coat the tofu well.
3. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the sauce.
4. In a pan, heat around 1 1/2 tbsp of oil and then fry the tofu cubes until crisp and golden. You may need to turn around the tofu cubes.
5. Take out the tofu and sautee the onions and bell peppers in a little oil.
6. Add in the tofu, sauce, and then mix well. The sauce will thicken from the corn starch.
7. Serve with a bowl of rice and enjoy while hot!
#dailyfoodfeed #compassionateliving #manilavegans #yummyph #veganfoodie #feedyoursoull #plantpower #veganph #foodgawker #plantbased #whatveganseat #yahoofood #instavegan #instafood #veganism #vegankitchen #foodphotography #foodblogfeed #gloobyfood #tofu #veganrecipes #foodblogger #inspiremyinstagram #heresmyfood #asianfood #govegan #cleaneats #foodies #eattheworld @veganbowls @beautifulcuisines @thefeedfeed.vegan