Anyone want some pulled oyster mushrooms tacos? Sharing the recipe below if you wanna try it out! I actually made these a little while back and used homemade barbecue sauce too which is super easy to make. Back to school this week and not so happy about it but happy Monday, guys! 🤗
Pulled oyster mushroom soft tacos
Homemade Barbecue Sauce
1 cup tomato ketchup
1/2 tbsp liquid smoke (optional)
1/2 cup water
5 tbsp coco sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp liquid aminos/soy sauce
1/2 cup cane vinegar
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1. In a bowl, add all ingredients and mix together until sugar is diluted.
Barbecue Pulled Oyster Mushrooms
300g (around 3 cups fresh oyster mushrooms), shredded basically just pull them apart to create long strips
2 tbsp oil
1/2-1 cup barbecue sauce (can opt to use store-bought sauce)
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne powder (optional)
Fresh vegetables of choice
1. Over medium heat, add the oil then sauté the mushrooms until cooked, around 5 minutes.
2. Add the paprika, cayenne pepper (if using), and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Let simmer and mix frequently until the mushroom have absorbed the sauce.
3. Add the rest of the barbecue sauce if needed. Mix well and let cook over medium heat.
4. Prepare your soft tacos and other filling such as shredded cabbage/lettuce, pickles red cabbage, tomatoes, and vegan cheese. The toppings are really up to you!
#dailyfoodfeed #vegantacos #manilavegans #yummyph #veganfoodie #feedyoursoull #plantpower #veganph #crueltyfree #plantbased #whatveganseat #befitfood #tacos #instafood #huffposttaste #foodphotography #foodblogfeed #inspiremyinstagram #heresmyfood #buzzfeast #govegan #cleaneats #foodies #eattheworld #veganfoodshare