Deconstructed Chicken Pot Pie. This recipe is one of my go to’s when I don’t feel like being in the kitchen too long on Sundays. It’s pretty easy and fast and tastes great
1 lb chicken breast
2 lbs carrots
3 stalks celery
1 lb potatoes
6oz frozen peas
14oz chicken broth
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
For the Chicken
1. Wash 3 stalks of celery and peel 3 carrots. Cut the vegetables and 1/2 of an onion into a small dice.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the vegetables and cook until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the chicken breast and 14.5 oz can of chicken broth. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through.
4. Once the chicken has cooked remove it from the pot and shred with two forks.
5. Mix 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of cold water and add to the pot to create a gravy. Stir to incorporate and bring to a boil to thicken.
6. Once the sauce has thickened, add the shredded chicken and peas.
For the Roasted Carrots
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Wash and peel 7-9 carrots and cut on a bias to pieces about 1″ thick and 2-3″ long.
3. Transfer the carrots to a sheet pan, oil and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
For the Potatoes
1. Wash and cut the potatoes into a large dice. Boil in a large pot of water until soft.
2. Drain the water and add 1/4 cup of milk and butter. Mash until smooth
3. Divide your ingredients evenly between 4 containers. Nutrition is for 1 serving.
You can make this in the instant pot as well. Use the sauté function and then pressure cook for 15 minutes.
❓Can I use almond milk?
❗️I don’t care. Do whatever you want.
❓I don’t like carrots, what can I swap them for?
❗️ I don’t know what you like. The recipe is written with carrots because that’s how I made it. If you don’t like carrots then switch them for something you do like. Believe it or not you don’t need my permission to change something to make it fit your preferences.