Chili Mango Glazed Cauliflower ? I made this recipe for the first time last July and recently just tried it again this time around with a few adjustments. You can find the recipe below. I used my crispy cauliflower recipe as the base for this one. Hope you like it!
CHILI MANGO GLAZED CAULIFLOWER
Chili Mango Glaze
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup sugar, adjust according to desired sweetness
1 very ripe mango, 160g of flesh
2 tbsp lime juice
Pinch of salt
1-2 tsp sriracha or other chili sauce, feel free to adjust according to desired spice
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp room temperature water, mixed into a slurry
Bell peppers (optional)
Spring onions (optional)
1. In a blender, add in all the ingredients except the cornstarch and water mix. Feel free to adjust according to desired taste.
2. (If not using bell peppers skip to step 3) Heat the sauce pan and add a little oil. Sauté the bell peppers until cooked.
3. In a sauce pan, pour in the puree.
4. Leave to simmer until it boils. Once it boils, add in the cornstarch mixture. Stir until it starts to thicken.Turn off heat and add in the cauliflower. Coat well then sprinkle some spring onions if desired.
Crispy cauliflower (the base)
2 small heads of raw cauliflower (around 650g total), makes around 3 cups of florets
Canola or other neutral oil, for frying
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup room temp. water
2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs of choice
1. In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the batter until it turns into a smooth, thick consistency.
2. Evenly coat the florets in the batter. You can do this in batches. In another bowl or plate, add in the bread crumbs.
3. One by one, place each cauliflower from the batter into the breadcrumb mixture. Coat well using one hand (this is to avoid messy hands—I usually use one hand for dry and one hand for wet when coating cauliflower). Press down the bread crumbs on the cauliflower. Set aside once coated.
Full recipe and steps for the crispy cauli here: https://www.thefoodietakesflight.com/blog/categories/cauliflower-recipes