Baked Coconut Shrimp. I made these last night to fuel my weekly Bachelor viewing and they were wonderful. The recipe is below.
The nutritional information is for the entire recipe which would be a big serving for most people. BUT, I chose to include the nutrition for the entire recipe because there are a small handful of people out there who choose not to use even the most rudimentary problem solving skills or make even a lazy attempt at reading the caption when looking at my images. Too many people comment on these saying things like “No way this is ____ calories” or “(ingredient) alone has ____ calories, no chance this is correct.” Well that’s because it’s obviously more than one serving and you’d know that if you actually read. And my response to everyone who comments something like this from now on is simply going to be “problem solve” because it would take 15 seconds to answer that question by simply reading the caption or the information in the picture. I will no longer be contributing to the learned helplessness of some people 😇😇
Here’s the recipe. .
27g (1 cup) rice Chex
25g (~1/2 cup) Shredded unsweetened coconut
15g (2 tbsp) tapioca flour (or cornstarch)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper .
1. Preheat your oven to 425F
2. In a food processor or by hand, crush the Chex into breadcrumb like pieces.
3. Mix the salt, pepper, and garlic powder into the flour.
4. Crack your egg into a bowl and scramble. Set up your breading station with the tapioca flour, egg, and Chex/coconut mixture.
5. Coat the shrimp with the flour, dip in egg wash, and coat in coconut mix.
6. Bake for 8 minutes then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
7. Serve with cocktail sauce (horseradish and ketchup mixed)
#mealprep #mealprepsunday #mealpreplife #foodshare #foodfeed #fit #mealtime #mealprepping #mealprepmanual #mealprepideas #mealprepmondays #fitspo #fitlife #fitmom #fitness #healthylife #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #health #crossfit #food #foodshare #foodstagram #foodphotography #iifym