My favorite go-to stir-fried sweet chili tofu is back! The past few weeks have been pretty busy and overwhelming for me so I’m hoping to get back to usual flow of things in the next few days. I had a really amazing weekend over at @vegfestpilipinas catching up with a lot of friends and also meeting new ones ✨ but now that December is nearing so are my thesis deliberations so I really gotta get back to reality and focus on school now ?
anyway, I’m sharing my go-to tofu recipe below but you can also find it on thefoodietakesflight.com!
I hope you all have have a great week ahead! ?
Stir-Fried Sweet Chili Tofu
2 blocks extra firm tofu (around 240g each), sliced into cubes
1 heaping tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup bell pepper, sliced into squares
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp sesame oil, for frying
Sweet Chili Sauce
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp chili sauce (I used sriracha)
1/8 cup soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1. Dry the tofu and cut into cubes. I wrap the tofu in towels and place a plate on top of it until excess liquid is absorbed by the towels.
2. Sprinkle the salt on the tofu cubes. Add the cornstarch. Coat the tofu well.
3. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the sauce.
4. In a pan, heat around 1 1/2 tbsp of oil and then fry the tofu cubes until crisp and golden. You may need to turn around the tofu cubes.
5. Take out the tofu and sautee the onions and bell peppers in a little oil.
6. Add in the tofu, sauce, and then mix well. The sauce will thicken from the corn starch.
7. Serve with a bowl of rice and enjoy while hot!
#dailyfoodfeed #compassionateliving #manilavegans #yummyph #veganfoodie #feedyoursoull #plantpower #veganph #foodgawker #plantbased #whatveganseat #yahoofood #instavegan #instafood #veganism #vegankitchen #foodphotography #foodblogfeed #gloobyfood #tofu #veganrecipes #foodblogger #inspiremyinstagram #heresmyfood #asianfood #govegan #cleaneats #foodies #eattheworld @veganbowls @beautifulcuisines @thefeedfeed.vegan