This easy Instant Pot chicken curry with eggplant recipe is full of Indian flavors that will have you making it again and again for quick weeknight dinners. ???????This type of Indian curry is naturally dairy free and gluten free of course so its a good option for feeding guests with dietary restrictions.
Instant Pot Chicken Curry with Eggplant
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced or grated ginger
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 large eggplant, diced into 1″ pieces
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomato (or a 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes with juice)
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat removed and cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot and set at highest setting.
- Add coconut oil and onion to pot and sauté onion for about 10 minutes until browned.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin, pepper, paprika, salt, turmeric, and garam masala and stir for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, eggplant and chicken and stir to evenly coat. Secure the Instant Pot lid and close the pressure valve. Set Instant Pot to cook for 6 minutes at high pressure.
- When Instant Pot beeps, release pressure manually.
- Remove lid and stir lime juice into curry. Adjust salt level to taste. Serve over rice or quinoa and sprinkle each serving with chopped cilantro.
#instantpot #instantpotcooking #instantpotrecipes