Sharing this plate of Roasted Garlic and Cherry Tomato Spaghetti. Find the recipe below! ? it’s this time of the year when I feel pretty lost with the date and days of the week—and wow we’re down to the last 2 days of the year?! I’m flying back to Manila today in time for the New Year’s and I‘m planning to prepare some pasta or possibly lasagna for new year’s eve! What are you guys preparing?
Roasted Garlic and Cherry Tomato Spaghetti
100g dry spaghetti (around 2 cups cooked)
2 whole garlic
1 cup cherry tomatoes (roughly 15 pieces), sliced into halves
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 – 1 tsp salt, or to taste
You’ll also need:
Two 4×4 inch sheets of aluminum foil
1. Heat an oven to 450F. I just used an oven toaster.
2. Slice the top of the garlic enough to expose the top of the cloves. Remove some layers of the skin but leave enough to keep the garlic together.
3. Drizzle the garlic with some olive oil and salt. Wrap in aluminum foil (you can check my stories to see how I prepared these). 4. Place the garlic on the baking tray along with the sliced tomatoes. Drizzle some olive oil on the tomatoes.
5. Bake at 450F for 25-30 minutes until tomatoes are cooked.
6. While they’re cooking, boil the water and cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente.
7. Heat a pan. Add in the olive oil. Add the cooked pasta and mix well. Season with salt.
8. Take out each roasted garlic clove. They’ll be soft and easily spreadable (like butter!) and mix into the pasta. Mix in the tomatoes too.
9. Cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat. Add more olive oil as needed.
10. Adjust seasoning depending on desired taste. Finish off with some pepper, fresh basil, and vegan parmesan (recipe below). Enjoy while hot!
1 cup almond flour/meal*
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt —in a bowl/container, mix everything! Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for future use. *you can process your raw almonds in a processor/coffee grinder to create almond flour/meal