GREEN PEA CRISPY TOFU CURRY
Creamy, spicy, flavorful.
Tag a friend and grab simple recipe below!
1/2-1 full block firm tofu (I like using extra protein because its really firm)
1 tbsp avocado oil
pinch of sea salt
1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 inch piece fresh ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup frozen pees
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups veggie broth
1 Can coconut milk
1 1/2 tbsp green curry paste
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 (15 ounce) can of garbanzo beans
2 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos or Tamari)
Limes to serve
Fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Begin with a wok or wide deep pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp avocado oil and sauté onions, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Add broccoli, Sauté veggies for 5-7 minutes until tender.
2. Then add veggie broth, coconut milk, curry paste, soy sauce, maple syrup, and pepper. Mix well to combine, making sure the curry paste has dissolved. Lower heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile remove the tofu from its packaging and any liquid. Wrap the tofu in paper towel or a kitchen towel and gently squeeze to let out excess water.
4. Cut the tofu into pieces. Transfer the tofu to a shallow dish and sprinkle with the salt. Toss to evenly season the tofu. Then, Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoon of the cornstarch over the tofu, then toss to evenly coat. Continue sprinkling and tossing until all the cornstarch is used. This can be done by sprinkling with your hands.
5. Set a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Heat until the oil shimmers and flows smoothly to coat the bottom of the pan. It should not smoke. then immediately add the tofu. Pan-fry the tofu until golden then flip to crisp up on all sides.
6. Transfer the browned tofu to a plate lined with paper towel.
7. Return to the curry, add 1 cup frozen pees and continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Tate curry and adjust seasonings as needed.
5. Serve curry with brown or white rice. Top off with crispy tofu, fresh cilantro, avocado slices and lime !
#veganfood #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #curry