Do you love mangoes and coconut? ??? Then you will love this spiced vegan curry with tofu! This curry has a sweet taste that is well balanced with all the spices and seasoning—a comforting curry for cold nights! ??
Instant Pot Tofu Mango Coconut Curry (Vegan)
- 8-ounces extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1 1/2-inch piece ginger, grated
- 3/4 cup mango purée, fresh or canned
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, lite preferred, may also use full fat
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder, optional
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Desiccated coconut flakes, to garnish
- Press the tofu with a heavy object for 10 to 15 minutes to get rid of excess moisture, and then cut it into cubes. Toss the tofu cubes with smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper. Press the sauté button. When the pot displays hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pot, then add the spiced tofu cubes and cook for 4 minutes, or until lightly browned on all sides. Remove the tofu cubes to a bowl and set aside. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pot, there’s no need to clean it first, then add the mustard seeds. Let the mustard seeds pop and then add the dried red chilies.
- Sauté for a few seconds, then add the onion and ginger. Cook the onion and ginger for a minute or two until the onion turns a little soft. Add the mango purée, coconut milk, curry powder and red chili powder, optional, then add 1 teaspoon of salt and let it all cook for a minute or two.
- Add the water along with the sautéed tofu cubes and close the lid. Press the manual or pressure-cook button and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes, with the pressure valve in the sealing position. Then do a quick-pressure release.
- Stir in the lemon juice, then transfer the curry to a serving bowl. Garnish with cilantro and desiccated coconut flakes and serve. This tastes great with jasmine rice or brown rice.
#instantpot #instantpotcooking #instantpotrecipes