Craving some rice noodles so throwing it back to these plates of stir-fried sweet and spicy peanut rice noodles, maple glazed pan-fried tofu, and sautéed purple cabbage. Sharing the RECIPES BELOW!
Stir-fried sweet chili rice noodles
200g dry rice noodles
Sliced vegetables of choice (I used bell peppers and leeks)
Sweet Chili Peanut Sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
Sweet-Chili Peanut Sauce
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp water
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp sriracha (you can opt to less/more depending on your desired spice level)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp sesame oil
1. In a bowl, dilute the peanut butter in 2 tbsp water.
2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet. Add in 2 tbsp sesame oil.
4. Sauté the vegetables. I sautéed the red cabbage and carrots first before setting them aside. Then I sautéed the bell peppers and onions.
5. While cooking the vegetables, half cook the rice noodles in some boiling water. Drain and coat with a little oil to avoid them from sticking together.
6. Add in the noodles to the pan along with the veggies. Pour in the sauce. Allow the noodles to cook in the sauce for 3-5 minutes.
7. Enjoy while hot! Rice noodles tend to get sticker as it cools so feel free to add more sesame oil if needed.
Maple Glazed Pan-fried Tofu
1 block (around 240g) super firm tofu
3 tbsp corn starch
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp maple syrup
Oil for frying
1. Make sure the tofu is well drained. I usually wrap it in paper towels and place a heavy object on top to get the liquid out. I set it aside for at least 15 minutes.
2. Slice the tofu. Season the tofu slices with salt.
3. Coat the tofu slices in corn starch.
4. Heat some oil in a pan. Oil should cover the surface of the pan for even frying.
5. Once hot, place the tofu slices. Make sure they don’t stick together.
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set aside if you’re cooking them in batches.
7. Add the maple syrup into the pan. Place back the tofu and mix.
8. Enjoy while hot! .
#dailyfoodfeed #compassionateliving #manilavegans #yummyph #veganfoodie #feedyoursoull #plantpower #veganph #crueltyfre