These chewy candied orange peels are like a citrus explosion in your mouth! 😁😁😁🍬🍬🍬
Instant Pot Candied Orange Peel
- 4 large oranges or lemons (preferably organic)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- Using vegetable peeler, peel the oranges, making the peel as thin as possibly. Avoid leaving the inner white part of orange peel (called pith) as it’s bitter. Or alternatively, remove the pith from the peel with a knife and discard the pith.
- Slice the orange peel into thin strips.
- Put water, sugar and orange peels in the Instant Pot. Close the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to a Sealing position. Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button and set the time to 20 minutes on High pressure.
- Preheat the oven to 200F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam.
- Remove the candied orange peels from syrup with a slotted spoon and put them on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet in a single layer. (Reserve the syrup for sweetening drinks, it has amazing orange flavor!)
- Put the candied orange peels in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the peels cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
#instantpot #instantpotcooking #instantpotrecipes