Summer is the perfect time to take advantage of cooking with all of the seasonal produce that’s available like peaches!!! This 5 Ingredient Real Food Instant Pot Peach Crumble is a must. It’s so easy and it’s grain-free, nut-free, gluten-free and Paleo.🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑😁
Real Food Instant Pot Peach Crumble
FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 1/2 cup cassava flour (<– this is the only cassava flour I use and recommend)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or maple sugar
- 1/4 cup cold ghee or grass-fed butter (<– I love this ghee!)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
FOR THE PEACH FILLING
- 5 cups organic firm peaches, peeled and cut into chunks (about 8 peaches)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple sugar
- 1 tbsp cassava flour
- 1 tsp grass-fed gelatin – optional but recommended if your peaches are ripe (<– this is the only grass-fed gelatin I use and recommend)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
FOR THE INSTANT POT
- 1 cup filtered water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all crumble topping ingredients, using clean hands to combine the mixture until the cold healthy fat of choice has mixed into the flour and sweetener and it becomes grainy in texture, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine all peach filling ingredients and stir until everything is combined. Set aside.
- Add the water to the Instant Pot stainless steel pot. Place the steamer trivet (that came with your Instant Pot) inside of the pot with the handles up.
- Pour the peach filling into a round 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with lid or a 7-cup round glass dish (that fits in the Instant Pot). Add the crumble topping on top of the peach filling, making sure it covers the surface. Place a glass lid over the top of the casserole dish. [I use the glass lid that comes with the 1 ½ quart casserole dish. If you don’t have a lid for your dish, you can place a piece of parchment paper over the top of the cobbler, then cover and secure it with foil.] Place the covered casserole dish on top of the steamer trivet.
- Put the Instant Pot lid on and secure it in the locked position. Plug in your Instant Pot. Make sure the vent on top of the lid is in the sealed/closed position. Press the MANUAL button and adjust the cook time to 10 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done, press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button and allow the Instant Pot to naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes. Using an oven mitt, turn the vent to “venting” to manually release any leftover pressure. Carefully remove the Instant Pot lid.
- Using oven mitts, carefully remove the casserole dish from the pot and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving. If a crispier topping is desired, place the crumble under a preheated broiler for about 1-2 minutes, just until the top browns a little, then allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve the peach crumble with scoops of homemade vanilla ice cream.
#instantpot #instantpotcooking #instantpotrecipes