How many times have you come home after a long day at work starving? Only to find that the chicken you meant to defrost is still in the freezer. ????❄❄❄Don’t be so quick to call it quits and give up by ordering a pizza ? or getting take out because it’s faster. You can still have an amazing meal in less than an hour that’s better for you and your family than fast food.
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Piccata With Lemon & Capers recipe in profile link
2 tsp (10 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup (60 ml) dry white wine
½ cup (118 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
8 frozen bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
3 tbsp (26 g) capers
1 tbsp (14 g) cold butter
2 tbsp (5 g) chopped fresh parsley
- Press “Sauté” to preheat your Instant Pot. When the word “Hot” appears on the display, add the oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the garlic and cook for about a minute. Add the wine and cook until it’s reduced to a tablespoon (15 ml), about 5 minutes. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice, then stir to scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the chicken to the pot, directly into the liquid.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press “Manual” and immediately adjust the timer to 30 minutes. Check that the cooking pressure is on “High” and that the release valve is set to “Sealing.”
- When the time is up, open the Instant Pot using “Quick Pressure Release.” Remove the chicken and set it aside on a broiler pan. Remove the fat from the liquid in the pot, then stir in the capers, butter and parsley. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Broil the chicken until the skin is browned and crispy, for about 5 minutes. Top with the sauce and serve.
#instantpot #instantpotcooking #instantpotrecipes