Who wants a wrap 😍
Tag a friend And grab FALAFEL recipe below! (Flat bread recipe is on my precious post & let me know if you want the recipe to the saffron rice!) FALAFEL RECIPE
1 can garbanzo beans
3 garlic cloves
1/4 white onion (3/4 cup roughly chopped)
1 bunch cilantro
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 cup almond meal
1. Rinse canned garbanzo beans in a fine mesh strainer, then poor the garbanzo beans onto a large plate lined with pepper towels. Spread the garbanzo beans out on the plate and grab another paper towel and put it over the beans, patting on them to dry.
2. Add cilantro, onion, and garlic to a food processor. Pulse until well processed. Set aside.
3. Then add garbanzo beans to the food processor, along with almond meal, salt, pepper & cumin. Pulse to combine thoroughly, scraping down sides as needed. You’re looking for a paste like consistency with only very small bits of chickpeas and herbs.
4. Sample a small bit and adjust spices/salt/herbs as needed. Then cover and set in the refrigerator for 2 hours (or over night if you want to prep them a day before)!
5. Remove from refrigerator and scoop out a heaping tbsp amount of falafel Mixture and gently form into a patty with your hands. The mixture may feel really wet and sticky but that is OK! it will dry out slightly when you cook them.
6. Once your falafel patties are formed, heat a large pan over medium/ medium-high heat. brush each side of the falafel patty with a very thin layer of avocado oil or oil of your choice.
7. Then place falafel patties on the pan and cook 2-3 minutes on each side Once the bottom side is browned, flip gently as they can be fragile. Continue until all falafel are cooked. If you fine your falafel to be not firm enough you could bake them for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F. Enjoy in a salad, flat bread or bowl.
8. For the sauce I just combined tahini with a ton of lemon juice and minced garlic! .
#veganfood #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #whatveganseat #veglife #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #foodporn #comfortfood #dairyfree #vegetarian #veganaf #f52grams #falafel