EASY VEGAN PHO!
Tag a friend and grab recipe below!
10 oz rice noodles
1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
1 tablespoon coriander seed
4 pods whole star anise
1 piece fresh ginger, 2 inch piece
1 bunch green onion
12 cups water
3-4 tbsp vegan bouillon (I like the “beef” one or “chicken”)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 bunch fresh basil
1 bunch green onion or cilantro
optional: Crispy tofu
Extra firm tofu
1 tbsp coconut oil
salt and pepper
1. Place the rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with warm water and soak for 15 minutes, until softened.
2. While the noodles are soaking, heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Toast the black peppercorns, coriander seeds, and star anise pods for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
3. While the seeds are toasting, peel the ginger and cut into pieces. Trim the ends off the green onions, then chop 5 inches off the bases and save the remaining green tops for later.
4. Add the ginger and green onion bases to the pot then add the water and vegan bouillon. Increase the heat to high, cover, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat.
5. While the broth heats up, thinly slice the green onion tops. Cut the lime into wedges. Thinly slice the jalapeño.
6. After 20 minutes of soaking, drain the rice noodles, then return to the bowl.Strain the broth over the noodles (removing the ginger, peppercorns, coriander, star anise and green onions.) Pour the noodles and broth back into the pot over high heat, then add the soy sauce. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7. If you want to add tofu in, cube the tofu up and pan fry in coconut oil, add salt and pepper and any other seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, etc.
8. To serve top the soup off with jalapeño, basil a squeeze of lime, green onions, and any other favorite toppings.
#veganfood #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #whatveganseat #veglife #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #foodporn #comfortfood #dairyfree #vegetarian #veganaf #pho