An Italian dinner for everyone is possible with this Instant Pot meatballs and spaghetti dish, substituting bread and egg with quinoa to make it gluten-free and egg-free! 🍝🍝🍝
Instant Pot Meatballs & Spaghetti
²/³ cup (160 ml) water
¹/³ cup (58 g) uncooked quinoa
2 cloves garlic, finely minced (about 1 tsp)
1½ tsp (1.5 g) dried oregano
1½ tsp (1 g) granulated onion powder
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried parsley
½ tsp salt
1 lb (455 g) Italian sausage
1 (24-oz [710-ml]) bottle tomato basil marinara sauce
1 (12-oz [340-g]) package gluten-free spaghetti
Fresh basil or parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Place your water and quinoa in your Instant Pot. Close the lid. Use the pressure button to set your Instant Pot to high pressure. Move the valve to sealing. Hit manual and use the plus and minus buttons to reach 1 minute.
- Once the timer is done, allow the pot to sit for 10 minutes. Once the display shows “L:10,” move the valve to venting to finish releasing any leftover pressure.
- Once the quinoa is cool enough to handle, place it in a bowl with the garlic, oregano, onion powder, basil, parsley, salt, and Italian sausage. Mix well by hand.
- Form the meatballs by hand, making them about 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter. Pour half of the bottle of marinara sauce into the bottom in the Instant Pot. Place the meatballs on top of the sauce and pour the rest of the sauce on top.
- Close the lid and move the valve to sealing. Hit manual and use the plus and minus buttons to reach 10 minutes.
- While the meatballs cook, boil your spaghetti according to package directions until al dente; then drain and rinse.
- Once the timer is done, move the valve to venting to quickly release the steam.
- Serve the meatballs and sauce over your pasta and garnish with fresh basil or parsley, if so desired
#instantpot #instantpotcooking #instantpotrecipes