Who has a soft spot for eating at The Olive Garden with unlimited breadsticks???? This Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana is the perfect mix of the authentic Italian recipe and the Olive Garden’s favorite Tuscan soup recipe. It’s hearty, nutritious and full of flavor.
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 oz / 120g of bacon, diced
1 large carrot, diced
2 celery sticks, diced
1 white onion, diced
2 large white potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes
2 garlic cloves, finely diced
2 Italian pork sausages, meat squeezed out into small chunks
3–4 large kale leaves, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
3 cups soaked white beans such Cannellini
1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs or dried rosemary
2 cups tomato passata or tinned chopped tomatoes
4 cups / 1 litre water
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder or flakes
To finish off
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
To serve: toasted Italian bread or sourdough broken into pieces
- Prepare the ingredients before you start cooking.
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Sauté function key.
- Add the oil, bacon, carrots, celery and onion to the pot and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the cream, and stir through. Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button.
- Place and lock the lid and set the Instant Pot to Manual, HIGH pressure and adjust the time to 12 minutes. After 3 beeps, the Instant Pot will start building up the pressure and cooking will commence.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the Instant Pot to release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Then, use the quick release method to let off the rest of the steam (carefully move the sealing valve on the top to Venting). Don’t open the lid until the silver pressure button on the lid has popped back down and the Instant Pot is easy to open.
- To finish the soup, stir in the heavy cream and lemon juice and check for salt.
8. Serve in bowls topped with pieces of toasted or crusty Italian bread or sourdough.
- Make sure to presoak the beans overnight. Canned beans can also be used.
- You can make it ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze it for a couple of months. If freezing the soup, don’t add the cream until it’s been defrosted and reheated. Add the crusty bread when serving the hot soup.
- For a gluten-free version, omit the bread when serving the soup.
Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana (Tuscan Soup)
#instantpot #instantpotcooking #instantpotrecipes