Carrots and sweet potato are full of vitamins and antioxidants, and their sweet flesh is perfect for making gorgeous soups and stews. 🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕 🥔🌱 We particularly love combining these vegetables with aromatic lemongrass and cilantro. Made with coconut milk, this soup is vegan and dairy-free, and is also suitable to those following a Whole30, paleo or gluten-free diets.
Carrot Soup With Lemongrass & Cilantro
- 1/2 large brown onion, sliced roughly
- 2 lemongrass sticks, cut in halves
- 3 large carrots, roughly sliced in thick pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and roughly cut
- 1 large celery stick, roughly cut in 3-4 pieces
- Handful of fresh cilantro (leaves and stems)
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 can of coconut milk (see notes)
- 2 cups vegetable (or chicken stock)
- 1/2 red or green chile, diced roughly
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- For garnish: Fresh cilantro and sesame seeds
- Place all ingredients except for lime juice in the pot and stir through. Lock the lid and make sure the valve is set to Sealing. Press the Manual button and set to High pressure for 7 mins. After 3 beeps, the Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure. Once the timer goes off, allow 5-10 minutes for natural pressure release and then use the quick release method to let off the rest of the steam.
- Remove the lemongrass piece and transfer the soup’s content to a blender or a food processor in 2-3 batches. Puree until smooth and return to another saucepan. Add the lime juice, stir through and taste for salt. You can add more salt or more fish sauce for extra seasoning. Serve with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro over the top.
#instantpot #instantpotcooking #instantpotrecipes