Besides the nutrient-dense brown rice🍚, this hearty salad features a lot of other healthy ingredients such as crunchy red cabbage, peppers🌶🌶🌶, carrots🥕🥕🥕, and herbs. The Asian peanut butter dressing is full of healthy fats and is a shining star of this dish. 👲With perfectly balanced salty and sweet flavors, it coats the salad with the most gorgeous flavors. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free friendly. .
Instant Pot Brown Rice Salad With Peanut Butter Dressing
For the rice
1 1/4 cups uncooked brown rice, rinsed
2 slices of fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cube of vegetable stock
1 1/2 cups water
For the salad
1/4 purple or white cabbage, diced into cubes or shredded
1 large carrot, grated
1 bell red pepper, diced
1/2 medium red onion, diced finely
8–10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon of black or white sesame seeds
Finish with: chopped fresh mint and cilantro/coriander (2-3 tablespoons of each)
For the dressing
2 heaped tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (see notes)
3 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 garlic clove, minced or grated
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 red chili, finely diced (less or more depending on your spice tolerance)
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce (alternatively, add 1/4 teaspoon salt)
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons water
Extra: have an extra lime to serve at the table.
- To make the brown rice, turn the Instant Pot on and add the rice ingredients and the water to the inner pot. Stir through.
- Place and lock the lid, making sure the steam valve is pointing to Sealing. Press Manual, HIGH pressure, and set the time to 15 minutes. After 3 beeps, the Instant Pot will start to build up the pressure and cooking will commence (this will take about 5-10 minutes).
- Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally (about 10-15 minutes). If you’re in a rush, release the pressure manually by carefully pointing the valve to Venting after 5 minutes.
- Open the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Transfer the cooked brown rice to a large salad bowl to cool down.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the rest of the salad ingredients.
- To make the salad dressing, soften the peanut butter in a microwave or over a stove. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together until smooth
#instantpot #instantpotcooking #instantpotrecipes