VEGAN ZUCCHINI “RICOTTA” ROLL UPS! (Nut free 🙂
Tag ur people & grab recipe below! SO EASY, DELISH & few ingredients!
A wholesome, Whole food meal that is @forksoverknives approved! #ad
When I first when vegan (nearly 5 years ago now!) I was really inspired by Forks over knives. It made plant based eating look so enticing, colorful, nourishing and delicious.
The new year is coming and if you’re looking for clean, simple plant meals
@forksoverknives Is providing a Free Fresh Start Challenge! A 21-day program designed to help you adopt a
whole-food, plant-based diet, one healthy meal at a time. * link in bio fo join the free program. *
These lasagna roll ups were inspired by a lot of different recipes I found in the forks over knives magazine. I took elements from a couple of recipes and threw it all together in less then 35 minutes.
32 ounces marinara sauce
1 (14 ounces) container firm tofu
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Fresh basil to garnish
1. Remove tofu from package and wrap tofu block in 2 paper towels. Squeeze for 10 seconds then break apart tofu into your food processor. To the food processor add salt, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Pulse 6-10 times until you reach the consistency of ricotta cheese. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings as needed.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1⁄8” thick strips, I used a vegetable peeler!
3. Spread marinara sauce sauce onto the bottom of a oven-proof skillet; set aside.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture evenly along each zucchini slice. Roll up and place in the prepared skillet; repeat with remaining zucchini slices and filling.
5. Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lasagna rolls are heated through and the cheese is beginning to brown.
6. Serve immediately. Garnish with ground pepper and fresh basil.
#food #f52grams #soup #comfort #comfortfood #foodie #foody #veg #plantbased #plants #eat #eatplants #veganism #veggie #veg #food #feedfeed #tasty #yum #foods #recipe #recipes #easy #easyrecipe #buzzfeast #cf #gluten #gf #vegetarian