VEGAN SOFT TURTLE COOKIES!
TAG a friend below & grab recipe!
Caramel, chocolate, pecans and a touch of salty goodness !
(Makes 12-15 cookies)
1/2 cup vegan butter, soft but not melted
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
3 ounce dark chocolate bar, chopped
Flakey sea salt (for topping)
1/2 cup pecan halves
8 medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup almond butter, creamy
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp warm water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the vegan butter, brown sugar, and vanilla, beating until well combined.
4. Add in the almond milk and applesauce and whisk until well combined; set aside.
5. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; whisk well to combine.
7. Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, using a wooden spoon, stir until ingredients are combined.
8. Fold in chocolate chips.
9. Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and set in the fridge while you make the caramel.
10. In a high speed blender or food processor combine dates (remove the pit) , warm water and creamy almond butter. Blend until creamy.
11. Remove cookie dough from fridge and scoop the “caramel” sauce into the dough but reserve 1/4 cup of “caramel”.
12. Lightly mix the caramel into the dough (you want to be able to see swirls of the caramel so do NOT over mix). Roll cookie dough into golf sized balls. Place the cookies on a prepared cookie sheet and gently press the cookies down with a spoon. Top each cookie with 1 1/2 pecans then spoon a bit of caramel on top of each cookie, creating a swirl look.
13. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until edges golden. Once out of the oven top off with chopped chocolate and a tiny sprinkle of flakey sea salt. Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer cookies to cooling rack and let sit for at least 15 minutes before enjoying! •
#veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree #vegansofig #vegan #cookies #food #baking #f52grams #yum #ig