VEGAN CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP!
SO Easy, tasty as heck & just a bowl of pure comfort food -RECIPE-
16 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
1 small yellow onion, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp avocado oil (divided)
8-10 fresh thyme sprigs, finely chopped
4 cups veggie broth (or 5 cups filtered water + 1 tbsp vegan bouillon paste)
1 cup raw cashews (soaked in hot water for Atleast 10 minutes) + 1 1/2 cups filtered water; this is going to make your cashew milk. * if you need an alternative 1 1/2 cups of full fat coconut milk FROM A CAN will work too 🙂
1. Heat 2 tbsp avocado oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion & sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until softened then add garlic & cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms and 2 tsp chopped thyme, cook for 7 minutes.
3. Add veggie broth (or water + 1 tbsp bouillon paste) mix again and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, season with salt, pepper.
4. Cover and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
5. Meanwhile in a high speed blender combine 1 cup soaked cashews & 1 1/2 filtered water. Blend on high for 1 minute.
6. Reduce heat to low, then pour cashew milk straight from blender to soup (no straining needed) stir in cashew milk. Allow to gently simmer for 5-7 minutes on low heat.
7. This part is optional… you can keep the soup as is… or blend half the amount of soup in a blender by carefully ladling the soup into your blender and blending intil smooth then pouring back into the pot. I like the bit of creaminess and thickness it gives to the soup while still having the slices of mushroom in there too !
8. Lastly (also optional) bring a pan to medium heat, add 1 tbsp avocado oil and add whole shiitake & or oyster mushrooms. frequently tossing them around. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
9. To serve, top soup off with sautéed whole mushrooms, sprinkle of thyme & a side of rustic toasted bread. •
#mushroom #soup #vegan #bestofvegan #f52grams #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree #vegansofig #dairyfree #vegetarian