TIME FOR SOME RISOTTO (again) but stuffed in bell peppers this time💃🏻 I honestly really love bell peppers in any form (love eating them raw too) and love stuffing them with creamy risotto 😋 will share the recipe down below for these!
Peppers stuffed with Tomato & Basil Risotto
3 large bell peppers, halved
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup red onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup arborio rice (this is essential)
1/4 cup dry white wine (optional but highly recommended!)
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp basil, chopped
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup sundries tomatoes
3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1 tsp salt, or to taste*
Extra basil for topping *the seasoning of your risotto will depend greatly on your stock so if your stock is well seasoned, you’ll need less salt
1. Heat the oven at 350F. Place the halved peppers and coat with olive oil. Leave to bake for 25 mins while you cook your risotto.
2. Prepare your stock in a pot.
3. In a large pan/pot, heat the olive oil. Add in the onions. Sauté until tender. Add in the garlic.
4. Once cooked, add in the chopped tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add in the arborio rice. Coat in the oil-tomato mixture well.
5. Pour in the wine. Mix until it has been absorbed (rice will turn a bit creamy). 6. Pour 1 cup stock to the rice. Add in the tomato paste, basil, and sun dried tomatoes.
7. On medium heat, continue to mix frequently until the rice absorbs the stock. Keep stirring til the rice absorbs the liquid.
8. Add another 1/2 cup of the stock. Mix frequently until it is absorbed. Repeat this step every 5 mins or so.
9. After 25 mins or so, rice should be perfectly cooked. Season with salt as needed.
10. Rice should still be chewy. If the risotto is dry, feel free to add in 1/4 cup stock and mix.
11. Stuff the peppers with risotto and enjoy immediately!
#dailyfoodfeed #compassionateliving #manilavegans #yummyph #veganfoodie #feedyoursoull #plantpower #veganph #crueltyfree #plantbased #whatveganseat #befitfood #instavegan #instafood #huffposttaste #foodphotography #foodblogfeed #inspiremyinstagram #heresmyfood #buzzfeast #govegan #cleaneats #foodies #eattheworld #veganfoodshare