These Instant Pot BBQ chicken tacos are both healthy and delicious.?????? Made with shredded, saucy meat and topped with zesty and sweet pineapple salsa ??? for that unforgettable tropical twist. This is a guest recipe from Jessie Van Slyke of Kitschen Cat.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Tacos With Pineapple
2 large chicken breasts
1 cup bbq sauce
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
4 large flour tortillas
1 cup diced fresh pineapple
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
1/4 cup minced white onion
1/4 cup torn cilantro leaves
1/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- Whisk together water, bbq sauce, salt and pepper in pressure cooker then add whole chicken breasts.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes then release all remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred using two forks.
- Turn pressure cooker onto sauté setting and add cornstarch mixture, whisking until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken back to pressure cooker and heat through.
- To make slaw, toss together all ingredients.
- To assemble tacos, pile bbq chicken onto a tortilla then top with pineapple slaw. Repeat with remaining chicken and slaw.
#instantpot #instantpotcooking #instantpotrecipes