Spicy Basil Noodles with minced tofu😋, anyone? Noodles are on a repeat for a quick lunch in our households for the past few weeks😁. This easy & flavorful noodle bowl is one of our favorites😍. I hope everyone is doing well & have a great start to your new week. Best, WoonHeng❤️ Recipe (makes 2 servings)
– 2 servings of dried noodles of your choice (used Wu-Mu)
– 14oz (397g) firm tofu, drained, pressed & mashed
– 1/2 (~20g) cup packed fresh Thai basil/basil
– 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
– 1 – 2 Thai chili, chopped
– shredded butter lettuce or veggies of choice
– oil for cooking, toasted sesame oil, salt to taste
🌱Sauce ingredients: – 2 tablespoons soy sauce/tamari/coconut amino
– 1 tablespoon thick dark soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon *stir fry sauce
– 1 tablespoon *’fish’ sauce
*both recipes on highlights
1. Cook noodles based on package’s instructions, drain & toss in a little oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
2. Meanwhile, cook mashed tofu (be sure they are dry) in a heated non-stick pan with 1 tablespoon oil until slightly brown, then push to the side of the pan.
3. Add 2-3 toasted sesame oil, then garlic & sauté until aromatic. Stir in soy sauce, ‘fish’ sauce, Thai chili, basil & continue to cook for 1 minute until tofu absorbs all the sauce, turn off heat.
4. Add noodles to the tofu mixture, then drizzle with dark soy sauce & stir fry sauce. Quickly toss noodles using a pair of tongs & chopsticks until well combined. Season accordingly, if needed.
5. Serve warm with butter lettuce.
#noodles #bestofvegan #easyrecipes #plantbased #vegetarianrecipes #forkyeah #sgeats #thaifood #buzzfeedfood #foodgasm #f52grams #tohfoodie #food52 #foodandwine #vegana #eatrealfood #gloobyfood #feedfeed #woonheng #lunessincarne #makesmewhole #instayum #stayhome #meatlessmonday #thrivemags