SESAME TOFU + QUICK PICKLED CUCS + LEFT OVER PAD THAI (elevate your leftovers ?)
TAG YOUR PPL AND GRAB SIMPLE RECIPES BELOW!
1 (14 ounce) container extra firm tofu
2 tbsp avocado oil
4 tbsp tamari sauce
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp water
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp sesame seeds -Method-
1. Place a kitchen towel on a plate then wrap the tofu block with the towel, carefully squeezing it to let excess water out. * you could “press the tofu” properly, but I don’t like the wait ? don’t mind the texture!
2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil and swirl to coat pan. Add the cubed tofu to the pan and let fry for 3 minutes. Flipping the tofu as needed to brown all sides.
3. Meanwhile in a bowl combine tamari, maple syrup, water, vinegar, garlic powder and sesame seeds. Whisk together to combine.
4. Add the prepared sauce to the tofu and allow to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. When the tofu is caramelized, remove to a plate.
Quick pickled cucumbers:
1 cup water
1/3 cup vinegar (apple cider, white, and rice wine are all good)
1 tbsp cane sugar
1 tsp salt
1-2 cucumbers, thinly sliced -Method-
1. In a small bowl add the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir to combine and until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Add the sliced cucumbers . Taste and adjust the ingredients to your liking.
2. All the cucumbers should be covered in the brine, if you have lots of cucumber or are making a big batch, make more brine!
3. Let the mixture rest in the fridge until you are ready to eat. The flavors develop over time!
OK, let’s talk about REHEATING LEFTOVERS (especially pad Thai)
1. Either microwave (but in 30 second intervals , mixing around in between) OR BETTER … heat over medium – high heat in a nonstick pan.
LASTLY… some of you ask about what knives I use. I have been using @kamikoto and LOVE. highly recommended… you can use my coupon code: “fuelednaturally” for a discount ? $50 off a high quality knife!!!
#veganfood #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree #vegansofinstagram #f52grams #veglife #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #foodporn