One of my favorite rainy day comfort food is risotto. What’s yours? Get the recipe for these peppers stuffed with risotto below! ✨ happy Tuesday guys!
Peppers Stuffed with Sundried Tomato and Mushroom Risotto
For 2-3 servings
6 large bell peppers
1.5 cups uncooked arborio rice (essential)
1/4 cup red onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup dry white wine (optional but highly recommended!)
1/3 cup chopped sundried tomatoes (I used those soaked in oil)
1.5 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup fresh mushrooms
1 tbsp basil, chopped + for topping
6-7 cups vegetable stock
1.5 tsp salt, or to taste*
*the seasoning of your risotto will depend greatly on your stock so if your stock is well seasoned, you’ll need to add minimal salt to the risotto
1. Heat an oven to 350F. Slice the peppers in half and place in the oven to cook for 35-40 minutes into cooked.
2. Prepare your stock. I boiled around 6 cups of water then added in a cube of vegetable stock. You can make your own stock by boiling leeks, celery, carrots, and onions with a generous amount of salt for 3 hours.
3. In a large pan/pot, heat the olive oil. Add in the onions and garlic. Add in the mushrooms. Sauté until tender.
4. Add in the chopped sundried tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add in the arborio rice. Coat in the oil-tomato mixture well.
5. Pour in the white wine. Mix until it has been absorbed ( rice will turn a bit creamy). 6. Pour 1 cup of the stock. Add in tomato paste and basil.
7. On medium heat, continue to mix frequently until the rice absorbs the stock.
8. Add another 1 cup of the stock. Mix frequently until it is absorbed. Repeat this step every 5 mins or so.
9. After 30-35 mins or, rice should be perfectly cooked. Add salt to taste.
10. The rice should still be chewy or al dente. If the risotto is dry, feel free to add in 1/4 cup of stock and mix.
11. Stuff the peppers with some risotto. Enjoy while hot.