(New Recipe!) Who loves spaghetti? 🙋🏻 I recently made this Roasted Garlic and Cherry Tomato Spaghetti and love that it’s olive oil-based—really light but super flavorful at the same time. I baked my garlic and tomatoes which brings out so much of it flavors and cooked it with the pasta afterwards! Check out the full recipe below. Enjoy 🍝
Roasted Garlic and Cherry Tomato Spaghetti
100g dried spaghetti (around 2 cups cooked)
2 whole garlic
1 cup cherry tomatoes (roughly 15 pieces), sliced into halves
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 – 1 tsp salt, or to taste
You’ll also need:
Two 4×4 inch sheets of aluminum foil
1. Heat an oven to 450F. I just used an oven toaster.
2. Slice the top of the garlic enough to expose the top of the cloves. Remove some layers of the skin but leave enough to keep the garlic together.
3. Drizzle the garlic with some olive oil and salt. Wrap in aluminum foil (you can check my stories to see how I prepared these). 4. Place the garlic on the baking tray along with the sliced tomatoes. Drizzle some olive oil on the tomatoes.
5. Bake at 450F for 25-30 minutes until tomatoes are cooked.
6. While they’re cooking, boil the water and cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente.
7. Heat a pan. Add in the olive oil. Add the cooked pasta and mix well. Season with salt.
8. Take out each roasted garlic clove. They’ll be soft and easily spreadable (like butter!) and mix into the pasta. Mix in the tomatoes too.
9. Cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat. Add more olive oil as needed.
10. Adjust seasoning depending on desired taste. Finish off with some pepper, fresh basil, and vegan parmesan (recipe below). Enjoy while hot!
1 cup @freshfellowph almond flour/meal*
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt —in a bowl/container, mix everything! Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for future use. *you can process your raw almonds in a processor/coffee grinder to create almond flour/meal