New recipe! Stir-fried peanut sesame noodles 🌞 I’ve made countless noodle dishes and worked around so many different sauces but this is by far probably the best I’ve done so far! The recipe’s up on my blog or you can also check it out below. 🌱
STIR-FRIED PEANUT SESAME NOODLES
Serves 2-3 people
200g dry rice noodles
¼ cup leeks, sliced
½ medium red onion, sliced into strips
½ cup sliced bell peppers, sliced into strips*
1 tbsp canola oil
200 g tofu, pan fried and sliced into strips (optional)*
½ cup purple cabbage (optional)*
3 tbsp sesame oil
Cilantro for topping
*The tofu and veggies are really up to you! You can even use carrots, bean sprouts, and basically whatever you have available!
¾ cup water
2 tsp tamarind paste (optional)
2 tbsp peanut butter (I used slightly salted and sweetened peanut butter)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sriracha (optional)
1. Cook the rice noodles until chewy. Do not overcook. Set aside.
2. While the noodles are cooking, place all the sauce ingredients into a sauce pan and cook on medium heat until smooth and well incorporated. Set aside.
3. In a large pan, heat the canola oil. Saute the onions, leeks, and bell peppers.
4. Add in the tofu and cabbage (if using). Sauté until tender.
5. Add in the cooked noodles. Pour in the sauce while mixing the noodles.
6. Cook for another 3-5 minutes on medium to high heat until the noodles have absorbed the sauce.
7. Turn off heat. Add in the sesame oil. Mix well and top with sesame seeds and cilantro, if using. Enjoy while hot!