(New recipe!) Pesto risotto topped with more pesto (because why not?) and vegan parmesan. Will share ALL RECIPES BELOW! 🌱
And i’m so happy I decided to give pesto risotto a try! —and there’s really nothing like making pesto using basil from your garden. Oh and what’s your go-to risotto recipe?? Would love to try out new flavor combos! 🙌🏼
1 cup uncooked arborio rice
4 cups stock (I used 1 of @7grainspantry’s veggie cubes)
1/4 cup white wine (optional but very recommended)
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp basil pesto (easy recipe below)
2 tbsp oil/vegan butter
Salt, to taste
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
Few pieces dry porcini (optional but for added flavor)
1. Prepare and heat the stock in a separate pot. Add in dried mushrooms if using.
2. In a deep pan/pot, heat the oil and 1 tbsp pesto. Sauté the garlic.
3. Once cooked, add in the rice. Coat in the oil mixture.
4. Pour in the oil and let simmer until the rice absorbs it and turns slightly creamy.
5. Add in the pesto.
6. On medium heat, add 1 cup of stock and mix once in a while. Once it starts to dry up, add another cup of stock. Continue doing so until the rice is cooked.
7. Add additional pesto (if desired) and salt to taste before turning off heat. Top with some vegan parmesan or some more fresh basil. Enjoy while hot!
HOMEMADE BASIL PESTO
2 1/2 cups packed basil leaves
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup pine nuts/cashews, optional
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt, or to taste
Process everything until smooth!
1 cup @freshfellowph almond flour/meal*
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt
Mix everything together then store in a jar/air-right container.
#dailyfoodfeed #compassionateliving #manilavegans #yummyph #veganrecipes #veganfoodie #feedyoursoull #plantpower #veganph #foodgawker #plantbased #whatveganseat #yahoofood #instavegan #instafood #veganism #vegankitchen #foodphotography #foodblogfeed #vegancheese #inspiremyinstagram #heresmyfood #plantbased #govegan #cleaneats #foodies #eattheworld #veganfoodshare