(New recipe below!) Already thinking about what to have for breakfast tomorrow but first sharing what I had yesterday —LONGSILOG ⭐️ basically a bowl of longganisa (Filipino sausages) from @thegoodchoicesph, fried garlic rice or ‘sinangag’ in Filipino, and tofu scramble (recipe below)! Longsilog is a really famous Filipino dish that’s composed of (long)ganisa, (si)nangag, and it(log)—which is egg. I also of course had some vinegar to go with my longganisa. ?
This is also my entry (possibly first of many!) to Sasha @earthlingsasha and Lenny’s @vegamelon #bowlmeaway party! And tofu has got to be one of my favorite savory staples! ?
Tofu Scramble (I doubled this recipe so it’s good for 2 servings)
1 block extra firm tofu (around 240g), drained
1 tomato, sliced
1 tbsp onion, diced
1 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1/2 tsp black salt (or sub for regular salt but black salt is recommended!)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
Oil for cooking
Chopped basil or cilantro, optional
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together except the tofu, onions, tomato, and basil.
2. In a pan, heat oil and sauté onions until tender. Add in tomatoes and sauté as well.
3. Add in tofu and crumble using a fork.
4. Mix in the spices and coat the tofu.
5. Sauté for around minutes over medium heat. Sprinkle with basil/coriander, if using. Turn off heat then serve. Enjoy while hot!