Mom’s Braised potatoes🥰 – one of the recipes that my awesome mama😚 (mom-in-law) wrote down for my hubby a long time ago & it became our favorite. With just a few simple ingredients, this is definitely a keeper for comfort foods👍🏻. I hope everyone is staying well & safe🙏🏻. Take good care, WoonHeng🙏🏻
Recipe (yields 3-4 servings)
– 1 potato [560g], skin removed & cut into chunks
– 1 carrot, roughly chopped
– 4 oz firm tofu, pressed & pan-fried until golden brown
– 5 caps dried Shiitake mushrooms, soaked until soft
– 3 cloves garlic, smashed or sliced
– 3 slices of ginger
– oil for cooking
– 1 1/2 – 2 cups of water
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce/tamari
– 1 tablespoon stir fry sauce (please check my highlights, look for button ‘stir fry sauce’)
– a few shakes of white pepper
– salt to taste, if needed
✅In a heated pot with 3 teaspoons oil, sauté ginger until aromatic, then add in mushrooms & cook for 1 min, by stirring continuously. Stir in garlic & sauté until fragrant.
✅Then add carrots & sear for 30 secs. Slowly pour in soy sauce & quickly stir to combine.
✅Add the potato cubes, tofu, stir fry sauce, water & white pepper. The water should cover the potatoes. Season accordingly.
✅Place a lid over & bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Turn heat to low-med & cook potatoes until fork-tender, about 15mins. If you prefer less sauce, remove the lid for the last 5 mins of cooking or if your potatoes are smaller in size, reduce cooking time. Since potato has starch, it will thicken the sauce naturally or you can add cornstarch slurry for a thicker sauce.
✅Serve warm with rice.
#potatoes #easyrecipes #makesmewhole #bestofvegan #thefeedfeed #woonheng #tohfoodie #f52grams #eeeeeats #cleaneating #sgeats #foodgawker #huffposttaste #food52 #foodglooby #lowcarbrecipes #hautecuisines #fitfam #stayhome #stayhealthy #healthfood #comfortfood #momsrecipe