Gluten Free Soft Pretzels. One of my favorite smells in the world was walking past Auntie Anne’s and Cinnabon in the mall as a kid. I can’t even tell you the last time I went to a mall. Does this smell even exist anymore? Kids these days don’t know what that Heaven is like.
I used metric measurements. If you use volumetric your mileage may vary.
50g (1/3 cup)gluten free baking flour
65g (1/4 cup) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1g (1/4 tsp) stevia
1g (pinch) of salt
3g (1 tsp) baking soda
1 egg white for brushing
Coarse salt to top
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix all of the ingredients except the egg white and coarse salt to form a dough.
3. Make a ball and separate into two smaller balls.
4. Roll out each ball into a snake about finger thick. Because there is no gluten you won’t get any stretch like with wheat. Be gentle. It will break.
5. Fold each snake into shape and brush the top with egg whites for browning purposes. Add course salt.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. It may be necessary to add more egg white if browning isn’t happening.
7. Serve it with mustard or honey mustard or whatever you like. I don’t care. Makes 2
❓Can I use a different flour?
❗️I’m sure regular flour would make a better pretzel but I’ve never tried it. Oat flour works but it doesn’t taste or look as good.
❓How do you fold it right?
❗️It’s dark magic. I had to watch a YouTube video to figure it out. You’ll probably have to reform your snake multiple times until you get it right.
❓You’re supposed to boil pretzels in baking soda water.
❗️Yeah I know that and guess what? I didn’t. They still turned out fine. The gluten free flour doesn’t boil well. If you make these with regular flour by all means bathe them before baking.
#mealprep #mealprepsunday #mealprepideas #mealplan #mealprepdaily #mealprepmonday #mealprepping #mealpreps #mealprepmadeeasy #mealplan #mealdiary #mealinspo #fitspo #fitness #crossfit #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #mealpreprecipes #mealpreplife #nutrition #exercise #mealprepmanual #fitlife #fitnessmotivation