CROCK-POT VEGAN INDIAN BUTTER “CHICKEN” (How to in ig stories)
This dish is so creamy, flavorful and rich. Full of comfort and SO easy to make! Thanks to the @crockpot 8 QT Crock-Pot® Express Crisp Pressure Cooker (aka my new bff) #ad
Tag a friend and grab recipe below!
3 (14 ounce) cans young jackfruit
2 tbsp vegan butter
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp paprika
½ tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp ground cloves
4 cloves garlic
1 small onion finely chopped
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1-2 serrano green chillies
15 ounce can tomato sauce
1 cup cashews
2 cups filtered water
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
Chopped cilantro or parsely for garnish
1. Place raw cashews in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat and leave cashews in the water until ready to use…
2. Peel fresh ginger, then grate or finely chop. Do the same with the garlic cloves and onion.
3. Cut the Serrano pepper in half lengthwise, remove seeds then finely chop.
4. Open the cans of jackfruit, strain liquid then using your hands squeeze each piece of jackfruit to release the seed in the center. Then shred the jackfruit with your hands to resemble the texture of shredded chicken.
5. Turn on your @crockpot 8 QT Crock-Pot® Express Crisp Pressure Cooker to sauté setting.
6. Add 2 tbsp vegan butter, let melt then add chopped onions, garlic, ginger and Serrano pepper. Sauté for 4 minutes. Make sure to not let it burn but just become fragrent. Then add paprika, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and garam masala powder. mix well into the onion, garlic mixture then add in shredded jackfruit. Mix to combine then turn off your crockpot.
7. Meanwhile you’re going to strain your cashews then place in a blender with 2 cups of filtered water. Blend on high for 1 minutes until there are no pieces of cashew and mixture is completely smooth.
Recipe continued in comments and also available on my Blog (linked in bio) •
#veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #whatveganseat #veglife #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #foodporn #comfortfood #dairyfree #vegetarian #vega