CHICKPEA AND VEG CURRY !
Tag a friend and grab easy weeknight recipe below! [Also you can see step by step on ig stories ✨]
1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 inch piece fresh ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
2 cup spinach, chopped
2 cup veggie broth
1 Can coconut milk
1 tbsp curry paste (I used yellow)
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 (15 ounce) can of garbanzo beans
2 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos or Tamari)
1/2 container tofu, cubed
Limes to serve
Fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Begin with a wok or wide deep pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp avocado oil and sauté onions, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Add sliced bell pepper and zucchini (you can also grill the zucchini in separate grill pan if you prefer). Sauté veggies for 5-7 minutes until tender.
2. Then add veggie broth, coconut milk, curry paste, soy sauce, maple syrup, turmeric powder and pepper. Mix well to combine, making sure the curry paste has dissolved. Lower heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a separate pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp avocado oil or oil of choice and add cubbed tofu. Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
Then turn off heat.
4. Open Can of garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas), Drain and rinse then add to curry, followed by the 2 cups of spinach. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes then turn off heat.
5. Serve curry with brown or white rice. Top off with crispy tofu, fresh cilantro and lime !
#veganfood #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #whatveganseat #veglife #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #foodporn #comfortfood #dairyfree #vegetarian #veganaf #curry